Causes of erectile dysfunction
The most common causes of erectile dysfunction are of organic origin; some can also
be psychological or a combination of both. In approx. 10% of cases the cause remains unknown.
Causes of erectile dysfunction:
Organic causes (80 %)
- Cardiovascular disease (32 %)
- Diabetes (24 %)
- Medicinal products (12 %)
- Surgery and/or injuries in the lower pelvic region (5 %)
- Neurological diseases (4 %)
- Endocrinopathias (2 %)
- Psychological causes (10 %)
- Unknown causes (10 %)
Excessive consumption of alcoholic beverages, smoking and excessive body weight increase the risk for ED.