Recommendations for use of sildenafil
The best effect of sildenafil can be achieved by proper use. Studies have shown that often men who did not respond to the treatment with sildenafil did not follow the recommendations for taking this medicine.
Optimal use of sildenafil
- Take a sildenafil tablet approx. one hour prior to the sexual intercourse. The medicine becomes effective after approx. 30 minutes and works for at least 4-6 hours. The onset and duration of action depend on the metabolism of the individual (which is influenced by age, heavy fat food, alcohol consumption and physical condition).
- Before you take the tablet, do not eat too heavy fat food and avoid consuming large quantities of alcohol, otherwise the onset of action may be delayed.
- Sexual stimulation is required for sildenafil to be effective (sensory sensations, imagination, kissing, touching, etc.)
- Sildenafil may be taken once a day. It usually works the first time you take it, but sometimes you may need to try more than once (4-6 times).
- Do not take sildenafil if you are taking medicines that contain nitrates (e.g. nytroglycerin, even if taken rarely).
- Sildenafil should be used only if you have been diagnosed with erectile dysfunction.
Consult your doctor if the effect of sildenafil is not satisfactory. The doctor may suggest taking a larger dose or change the treatment.
The doctor usually gives a multiple-purchase prescription with which you can buy high quality, safe and effective medicines.
Use only the medicines for erectile dysfunction which are prescribed by your doctor!
Medicines obtained without prescription or medicines not purchased in the pharmacy can be very dangerous or aren’t effective.